- Deputy “Butterbean” talks smack about the Crisc-O-Sensei!
But the fighter, whose uniform has “Deputy Butterbean” stitched into it as the camera follows him on the job, wants viewers to realize that he’s not a flash in the pan law reality star like other celebrities, like Seagal’s Lawman…
- Seagal recently attended a charity event in Moscow.
Actor Steven Seagal dances with an unidentified girl during the charity event in Moscow. Some Hollywood stars said they had been paid to attend the event.
The Prime One:
- (Prime) Chuck Norris may make an appearance in Expendables 2. All I can say is hell yeah!
Three more names that may be added to the list are John Travolta, Jean Claude Van Damme, and Chuck Norris…
Martial Arts News:
- MMA made an appearance in Michigan.
Michigan Extreme Combat Sports held the first show of its kind at the Taylor Town Trade Center last Saturday night putting, on an exciting array of various martial arts disciplines all in one cage in front of an outstanding crowd of 600 people.
- A CO competes in a martial arts tournament.
While many may find inspiration in the term “going for the gold,” for David Amiccuci, a Solano County correctional officer, it takes on a whole new meaning.
During the games, Amiccuci wowed the panel of five judges as he competed in both hard form martial arts, which focuses on strength and power, and soft form martial arts, which utilizes fluidity and skill over strength, earning gold medals in each. He also medaled in his favorite form, weapons, in which he has mastered the art of an obscure Filipino combat whip.
- Some taekwondo students help to raise money for a charity.
On Saturday September 24th, 2011 at Bill Barber Park in Irvine, dozens of Master Lee’s students will break boards in a highly energetic fashion before a very enthusiastic crowd of friends, family and local business sponsors.
- Russia does well at WTF.
The Russian team won two medals on the final day of the 6th WTF World Taekwondo Poomsae Championships in Vladivostok.
- Three karate students achieve black belt.
HARROGATE Karate Centre recently cemented their reputation when three of their students earned the right to wear the much coveted karate black belt.
- A kangaroo attacks a 94-year-old woman!
Towering over Ms Johnson, it slammed her to the ground, then rained down powerful kicks.
- That Brazilian soccer player who used a kick on his opponent may face attempted murder charges!
Attempted murder charges may be filed against Recife goalie Gustavo, who’s also facing a lifetime ban from soccer after brutally attacking an opponent from behind during a Brazilian BH U-19 Cup game.
- Lifehacker breaks down self-defense for the average person.
Thankfully, regardless of strength, size, or previous training, anyone can learn several effective self-defense techniques. Here’s how to prepare for and stay safe in common real-world violent situations.
- Charlie interviews the author of Shotokan Myths!
This is why after several emails between Shihan Kokota and myself, I was blown away when this Japanese 8th Dan suggested that we have a chat on Skype and that I don’t need to be so formal with him.
- Lori has a great post up about the lateral femoral pressure point!
In the Police Pressure Point System developed by Professor Georges Sylvain, founder of Can-ryu Jiu-jitsu, the lateral femoral area is not actually a pressure point but a motor point.
- Sensei Strange pulled together a collection of homemade training dummies!
Wooden dummies are just plain neat. I have wanted one since I was 14. I got to play around on one when I was a Wing Chun student, but really I have not had the time to trance out on one.
Heck, he even included my beloved “Mrs. Esterhaus!”
- Zimmer breaks down the sidekick!
In this post I will address somewhat of a lost art – the much maligned sidekick!
- The first comes from Blue Snake Books. Here we see Jet Li doing some Bagua!
- The second is an interview with a jujitsu player who made a carjacker take a nap!
So Hagan dove at the man, took him to the ground and put a so-called “sleeper hold” on him.
A sleeper hold cuts off oxygen to your brain, and you black out.