I’m still working on the right workout equation. I had plans for a second boot camp this week but it went in the ditch.
- End of semester budget wrap deadlines
- Two graduation ceremonies
- One life-sucking political meeting with the higher ups (this one was Darth Vader life-sucking)
Cook Ding has blogged about how he manages to workout. Recently, he had another post on the topic:
…I’ve now logged 160 consecutive days. I’ve accomplished this by waking up a little extra early every day and working out before I go to work (I’m also assisted by a couple of young dogs who are eager to start the day). I really don’t like getting up early, but I like training everyday a lot more than I dislike getting up.
The fitness center offers early morning classes so I’m going to use this week as a test. I’ve booked three classes in a row via their online booking system.
- Monday, 5 AM fitness boot camp
- Tuesday, 6 AM ropes boot camp
- Wednesday, 5 AM kettle bell class
With those times I can still make it to work on time. If the work day goes in the ditch I can easily stay late. The rest of the week or weekend I can slip in some martial arts practice and light calisthenics.