There’s nothing like a Steven Seagal pumpkin to kick off the Halloween edition of Martial Arts News!
- The Orange One recently visited a shelter for rescue dogs.
The 58-year-old actor visited the Jefferson Parish Animal Shelter with his wife Elle.
- Seagal also showed off his youngest son.
The 59-year-old martial arts actor brought his baby boy along to his US reality show Steven Seagal Lawman.
(Prime) Chuck Norris:
- The Prime One is slated to team up with Snipes in some Karate humor.
According to Snipes, this ” multi-racial action comedy is a mix of ‘Kung Fu Hustle’ and ‘Meet the Parents.’” The film is titled Master Daddy and it will be produced by his Maandi Media Entertainment with Tayrona Entertainment Group.
- Speaking of Snipes, they may make another Blade and he may not be in it!
“Maybe we get around to doing another Blade, except, from what I’m reading, every other actor is talking about playing him, and nobody is talking to Wesley,” he said. “How strange that they don’t come and talk to me about it.”
- A Black Belt Dean?
Ronald P. Hill holds an endowed chair at the Villanova School of Business, where he is senior associate dean of intellectual strategy. He can probably also kick your butt.
Hat-tip goes to Gye Greene!
- Fedor trash-talks Lesnar.
“What does he have, six fights in MMA? He’s a pure product of the UFC, who met a real fighter and he lost.”
- Here’s the Top 5 MMA Halloween costumes. My favorite is Rashad Evans KO face!
We’re less than a day away from Halloween, a day of tricking, treating, and dressing up like an idiot on the one day you’re allowed to.
- One Taekwondo team does well.
CABOOLTURE Taekwondo won medals in every national event its members entered this month.
- A Pakistani man sets a new martial arts record.
A martial arts expert from Pakistan, Ahmed Hussain, has smashed the world record in martial arts kicks with 1110 kicks in 30 minutes.
- Another Ip Man movie? This time it has Cung Le!
Vietnamese-American Mixed Martial Arts fighter Cung Le has evidently joined the cast of Wong Kar Wai‘s still in production biopic on Bruce Lee mentor Yip Man, “The Grand Master.”
- If my hip holds together I plan this to be me. In fact, I plan to be the toughest SOB in the nursing home!
At age 71, Nick Zimmerman is becoming a karate sensation in Salem.
- Thailand is starting to do well in Taekwondo.
Thailand has since become a force in Korea’s martial art with Buttree Puedpong eclipsing Yaowapa’s success by winning silver at the 2008 Olympics.
- Damasucs recently held the 16th Arab Judo Championship.
Damascus- Competitions of the 16th Arab Judo Championships, men and women kicked off in Damascus on Saturday evening with the participation of 13 Arab countries.
- White-collar boxing?
Technically it is still banned. But verbal agreements are now in place to slate “white-collar” boxing under the authority of USA Boxing, the national organization that oversees amateur boxing in the U.S.
- Van Damme had a heart attack?
The Muscles from Brussels was reportedly hospitalized in New Orleans after suffering a heart attack the day after his 50th birthday.
- I think this fellow may have trained at the Master Wong Academy.
Professional badass Li Xin recently showed the world his incredibly awesome and equally ridiculous ability to balance his entire body weight on top of nail …
- How about some white collar Aikido?
“We spend our lives either avoiding conflict or plunging into conflict. Neither is very constructive,” Brodbeck said. “Aikido teaches how to navigate conflict without destruction by blending with the force, rather than opposing it. This makes for a powerful learning tool both in terms of physical conflict and interpersonal relationships.”
We realize that the majority of people in our population do not possess the skills to fend off strong, determined assailants as we would… we advocate the use of various tools to stop criminals from harming us or others.
My student, assistant instructor, and husband, Chris completed his Shodan exam this past Sunday. I am happy to announce that he passed.
- Jesse helps us stay motivated.
Not that I’m an expert on the subject, since, quite frankly, I don’t believe in the word “motivation” to begin with. That’s just a word people made up so they can have an excuse to avoid doing stuff that’s boring.
- Chris poses a deeply philosophical question.
Which of these comics is most relevant to your practice of martial arts?
- Steven encourages us to do something that I fail frequently at.
Your Body Should Maintain an Erect Posture!
- Ross roles out a new training compilation video!
Fortunately, I’ve finally got around to creating another.
- Wim is ready to make two new instructional videos.
I just got confirmation from my publisher, the date is set for my next video shoot. We’re on for July of next year.
The second find comes from Patrick Parker. This performance so impressed me that I made it my new sidebar video!