Steven Seagal Report:
- Our Lord of Whoopass and Pasta was back in Jefferson Parish!
…Steven Seagal was back in Jefferson Parish on Friday, testifying as a reserve deputy in a pretrial hearing about a narcotics arrest in which he participated.
- Lesnar takes a punch and also takes the win at UFC 116. He also may have turned from heel to face! My question: Is the so-called change of heart due to his recent illness, Dana White, or a calculated entertainment move?
But despite the rough start at UFC 116 on Saturday night, Lesnar showed a lot of grit in lasting through the early trouble to submit Carwin with a second-round arm triangle to retain the UFC heavyweight championship.
- This much is certain: After watching the footage I think she could kick my ass!
Mioshia Wagoner, 27, is working on a master’s degree in conflict resolution at Baker University. She is also going after her dream of making the U.S. Olympic boxing team.
- Sammo Hung receives a well-deserved award.
That earned him a lifetime achievement award last week at the New York Asian Film Festival, which runs through Thursday.
- MMA fighter and porn star goes to jail.
Adult performer and Ultimate Fighting Championship fighter War Machine, aka Jon Paul Koppenhaver , 28, will serve a year in jail after pleading guilty to two felonies and violating probation.
- MMA is one step closer to being legal in New York.
State senators in New York today approved a bill to legalize mixed martial arts, according to multiple reports.
- Here’s one for the July perp walk.
A Longmont High School teacher and karate instructor admitted to repeatedly having sex with one of his underage female students enrolled in a Japanese class he taught, according to a police report released Thursday.
- Donnie Yen has a short temper. (I kill me)
HONG Kong martial arts actor Donnie Yen is upset at being described as too short to play the role of Guan Yu, reported Nanyang Siang Pau.
- The martial arts are expanding in India.
Whilst earlier, the ratio of women to men learning karate was 10per cent to 90per cent, today camps and classes all over the city have a lot of women (45-50 per cent) opting to learn karate or kickboxing.
- Here’s one for the Goju crowd.
The New York Goju Karate Association Black Belts competed in the World Goju Karate Tournament at John Jay College in New York City, and returned home with quite a trophy haul.
- Martial arts go only so far when you are facing a gun.
And he said Samantha, 22, called Moat on the day of his release to warn him that her new man was a taekwondo expert who she had met in an ASDA store.
But he told FoxNews.com that his brother is in “great shape” and has been trained in hapkido, a Korean martial art.
They said he was motivated by patriotism and his fervent Christian faith to pack his hapkido sword and head for Afghanistan to track down Bin Laden.
- Mokuren Dojo is now available via Kindle!
WOW! How cool is this? One more way that you can keep up with your favorite aikido and judo blog - now you can subscribe to this blog on your Amazon Kindle!
- Dan Cosgrove plans his return.
I am going to make the best damn martial arts resource website, period. This is my affirmation…. Let me know what you want from a martial arts website. That’s it.
- Matthew continues his interview with Jim Logue, 9th dan.
I would like to extend a great thank you to Logue Sensei for creating these very thoughtful and meaningful responses.
- I recently discovered a new martial arts blog (new to me) so check it out!
This blog is about my journey through the Chinese Internal Martial Arts – baguazhang, yiquan, taijiquan, and the people I meet on the way.
- Lori has two great posts! The first puts my dojang garage to shame while the second is one that Potatoe Fist should read!
Jiu-jitsu, or any martial art for that matter, is very physical. It’s not unusual for people to get minor joint strains or muscle pulls from time to time.
- Chris explicates Qigong.
Qigong (chi gong) is most often understood as a set of active exercises, guiding qi (chi) energy around the body through intention, movement, and sound.
- Colin talks about the expanded version of Shotokan’s Secret.
The first book I got my hands on contained profound revelations that forever changed the way I practice and teach hard style systems.
In this episode of their “Bullshit” series, Messrs Penn and Teller examine martial arts and conclude that they are all “bullshit”.
I must confess that the show angered me: not because I felt personally insulted – but because I felt that my intelligence (and every other viewer’s) was insulted.
- The first video is of Leo Fong and Angel Cabales. I recently started to practice a nightly relaxed tension exercise that Mr. Fong created. Naturally, this is how I learned of Mr. Fong — more on that in and up-and-coming post!
- The second find comes from our friends at Bunkai Jutsu. Here you get to see some combat applications of Tai Chi! This one makes my Sidebar Video!